Thursday, September 1, 2011

Look Sharp, Be Sharp, Feel Sharp - file yourself to a point

When I was being taught by Mrs. Robinson at Sprague elementary school , my parents would buy these wonderful, bright yellow #2 pencils to use at school. In school they had these crank type pencil sharpeners that were screw mounted to a table or bench or something. I always wanted to get the finest points on my pencil possible so my writing would look its best. I didn't easily get the trick of applying just the right amount of pressure inward on the pencil until it had a sharp enough point. I struggled with this and many times ended up with a very sharp 2 inch nub instead of a sharp enough 7 inch usable writing instrument.

In many ways I haven't changed.. Sometimes, in my efforts to 'make a point', I try to put 'too fine a point' on the matter being discussed. I want to be thorough. I still want my writings /sayings to be sharp and to the point. I still fail to realize that, sometimes, sharp enough is enough. If others don't get the point then I have to learn to let it go and not continue to 'push that pencil into the sharpener'.

A prayer -
Dear God Jehovah,
Please continue to help me to grow and become a better teacher of your word. Please continue to help me to become more like the your Son, Jesus Christ who known as 'The Great Teacher'.....

No comments: